Ray Gallant Bio
Back in 1978, I went to work for my father at Gallant Insurance Agency (who went into business with his father in 1957) and have been working here since. My father was not the kind of man to simply hand me the reins and start me off at the top of the food chain; I began on the bottom, measuring footprints of homes by hand, shoveling walkways, changing the wastebaskets, and learning the intricacies of this very intricate business, until I had earned a leadership role. I took over as President of our company in 1991. I am proud to now have my son, Kevin, who came to work for us in 2009, shoveling the driveways and spreading salt during snowstorms.
Under my leadership, Gallant Insurance Agency, Inc. has grown into one of the most respected independent insurance agencies in the state. Our business model has been, and will always be, based upon doing what is best for our customers. I believe that honesty and selflessness, coupled with knowledgeable personal service, is the true recipe for success in this, and in any business. The many strong relationships we have built with the companies we represent allow us the freedom to ensure our customers are in the best situation possible. I remain incredibly proud of all the work our experienced and friendly staff does on behalf of our customers.
It is our goal as a company to continue to grow and evolve with our customers and within the ever-changing insurance landscape. I urge all of our customers to never hesitate to call or stop in to one of our offices at any time, and would like all potential customers to do the same and find out what a difference honest and personalized service can make.
I am a lifelong resident of Acton (4th generation West Acton!). My wife Cathy and I have raised four children, of whom we are very proud. I’d prefer to not talk about myself any further, but I was told to list some of my accomplishments, so, here you go:
- Past Chairman of The Massachusetts Independent Agents Association (MAIA).
- Served on the MAIA Board since 1989 – with a short hiatus to follow my children through their college careers.
- Served on the Executive Boards of The Bay State Agents Association (BSA) and The Insurance Services of New England (ISNE).
- Currently serving The Independent Agents & Brokers of America (IIABA) as The Massachusetts National State Director.
- Recently awarded the 2017 Middlesex West Chamber of Commerce Lifetime Achievement Award.
Within the community:
- Founder and still President of The Acton-Boxborough Colonial Club.
- Past President of The Gridiron Club of Greater Boston.
- Past assistant football coach at Acton-Boxborough High School for 40 years.